Earth augers can be used for drilling holes in the ground and for taking soil samples. The Auger is equipped with a quick stop drill brake.
This product should not be operated unless proper training has been supplied to the person operating the equipment. Personal protection gear includes: goggels, steel-cap boots, gloves, ear plugs, dust mask, hard-hat.
Running the machine
Before starting ensure that parts are securely fastened. Ensure you have a secure footing before drilling. Make sure there are no buried cables or pipes in the work area(water pipes and electricity or phone cables). Work with extra care in rocky areas or areas with heavy root structures. Clean air filter regularly and replace if damaged.
Do’s and Dont’s
Never attempt to touch the drilling attachment while engine is still running. Never operate with a broken or damaged drilling attachment. Replace damaged or blunt auger bits immediately.
Testing equipment before hire
Please ignore any instruction that is not relevant to this particular product.
- The equipment must be clean and must have a service tag attached to ensure that the workshop completed the standard service before returning the asset to the floor.
- The equipment must be taken to the testing station applicable where you will test the machine in front of the customer whilst demonstrating the operation of the asset to the customer.
- Ensure that the required safety attire is worn before beginning the equipment test and instruction to the customer and ensure that the customer is in a safe location.
- Start the equipment as per the above instruction.
- Demonstrate the operation of the equipment as per the operating instructions above.
- Shut the equipment down.
- The customer must sign that he has received training.