Petrol 5HP engine
This machine is used for grinding concrete floors (dry process). It is for removing laitance, paint, grease, etc. It can be used for grinding down construction joints to neaten the finish.
This product should not be operated unless proper training has been supplied to the person operating the equipment. Personal protection gear includes: goggles, steel-cap boots, gloves, ear plugs, dust mask, hard-hat.
- Turn petrol on
- Open choke (butterfly closes to close off air flow)
- Pull recoil 1/3 of way twice
- Pull recoil full way until starts (usually 2 pulls)
- Close choke (butterfly opens the air flow)
Make sure when starting the machine the grinding blocks are raised off the grinding surface. Make sure the wedges are put in correctly before starting the machine( the blocks will be flung out of their correct positions immediately when the machine starts up if this is not done).
Do’s and don’ts
The correct diameter cable must be used when the motor is electric to avoid a voltage drop. Makes sure that in the case where the machine is driven by a petrol engine, that ventilation is adequate.
- Ensure petrol switch is off before refueling.
- Machine may not be running whilst refueling.
- Do not smoke or use a cell phone whilst refueling.
- Remove fuel cap and place in clean dry area within reach of the machine.
- Pour the fuel into the tank.
- Replace fuel cap and move fuel container.
Do not place any plastic bags around the fuel cap as this will close the breather hole in the cap.
- Clean machine
- Check lead and plug
- Listen for bearing noises
- Check block holders
- Clean machine
- Drain oil and replace (20w50)
- Clean / replace spark plug
- Clean / replace air filter
- Check all bolts and nuts on machine
- Listen for bearing noises on machine
- Check / replace fan belt
- Check that pulley is lined up and tight
- Check that springs on governor are in place
Testing Equipment Before Hire
Please ignore any instruction that is not relevant to this particular product.
- The equipment must be clean and must have a service tag attached to ensure that the workshop completed the standard service before returning the asset to the floor.
- The equipment must be taken to the testing station applicable where you will test the machine in front of the customer whilst demonstrating the operation of the asset to the customer.
- Ensure that the required safety attire is worn before beginning the equipment test and instruction to the customer and ensure that the customer is in a safe location.
- Start the equipment as per the above instruction.
- Demonstrate the operation of the equipment as per the operating instructions above.
- Shut the equipment down.
- The customer must sign that he has received training.