5Hp Belt driven machine.
The machine is used for creating a very smooth finish on new concrete slabs. In special circumstances the machine can be used for polishing screeds.
This product should not be operated unless proper training has been supplied to the person operating the equipment.Personal protection gear includes: goggles, steel-cap boots, gloves, ear plugs, dust mask, hard-hat.
- Turn petrol on
- Open choke (butterfly closes to close off air flow)
- Pull recoil 1/3 of way twice
- Pull recoil full way until starts (usually 2 pulls)
- Close choke (butterfly opens the air flow)
The machine must be cleaned after working with it before concrete sets on the blades. This will lengthen the life of the machine. Check the blade arms for wear before working with it to avoid a bad finish. The blades should be flat to start with and as the job is done, the angle of the blades will be increased to create a really smooth finish. The blades should all be set the same.
Do’s and dont’s
Before using the machine, start the engine and when it is on idle, the clutch should not engage. Keep away from the protective ring of the machine while the machine is working.
- Ensure petrol switch is off before refueling.
- Machine may not be running whilst refueling.
- Do not smoke or use a cell phone whilst refueling.
- Remove fuel cap and place in clean dry area within reach of the machine.
- Pour the fuel into the tank.
- Replace fuel cap and move fuel container.
Do not place any plastic bags around the fuel cap as this will close the breather hole in the cap.
- Clean machine
- Drain oil and replace (20w50)
- Clean / replace spark plug
- Clean / replace air filter
- Check all bolts and nuts on machine
- Listen for bearing noises on machine
- Check / tighten fan belt
- Open gearbox and refill oil
- Check all bolts, nuts and springs
- Clean carburettor and all jets
- Check starter coil and rope
- Check adjustment cables for blades
- Check blades
Testing equipment before hire
Please ignore any instruction that is not relevant to this particular product.
- The equipment must be clean and must have a service tag attached to ensure that the workshop completed the standard service before returning the asset to the floor.
- The equipment must be taken to the testing station applicable where you will test the machine in front of the customer whilst demonstrating the operation of the asset to the customer.
- Ensure that the required safety attire is worn before beginning the equipment test and instruction to the customer and ensure that the customer is in a safe location.
- Start the equipment as per the above instruction.
- Demonstrate the operation of the equipment as per the operating instructions above.
- Shut the equipment down.
- The customer must sign that he has received training.