13Hp Petrol Engine Drum Width 700mm Centrifugal force 22Kn.
Compaction of gravelly / Sandy soil and asphalt.
This product should not be operated unless proper training has been supplied to the person operating the equipment.Personal protection gear includes: goggles, steel-cap boots, gloves, ear plugs, dust mask, hard-hat.
- Turn petrol on
- Ensure control lever is in neutral position before starting.
- Open choke (butterfly closes to close off air flow)
- Pull recoil 1/3 of way twice
- Pull recoil full way until starts (usually 2 pulls)
- Close choke (butterfly opens the air flow)
Increase the revs with the control lever before moving the machine forward or backwards
Thickness of the layer to be compacted can be up to 200mm on good soil(100-150mm is ideal) also suitable for asphalt work. Make sure soil is slightly moist (not wet and not dry) throughout the layer. 6-10 passes with the machine advancing at its normal pace will usually give you optimum compaction results-avoid”over compaction” . Ensure that the scraper bars are adjusted correctly and that there is no material build up between scrapers and machine chassis. Always run engine at full speed when doing compaction work.
Do’s and don’ts
Avoid machine hitting against adjacent structures or rocks etc. Never operate machine on hard or solid surfaces, e.g concrete, asphalt, etc when vibration is switched on. Ensure the dead mans handle is working correctly. Do not sit on the machine while it is operating. Stop the machine before reversing or forward movement.
- Ensure petrol switch is off before refueling.
- Machine must not be running whilst refueling.
- Do not smoke or use a cell phone whilst refueling.
- Remove fuel cap and place in clean dry area within reach of the machine.
- Pour the fuel into the tank.
- Replace fuel cap and move fuel container.
Do not place any plastic bags around the fuel cap as this will close the breather hole in the cap.
- Clean machine
- Drain oil and replace (20w50)
- Replace oil filter
- Clean/replace diesel filter
- Clean/replace air filter
- Check hydraulic oil
- Check all v-belts and chains (retention)
- Check all bolts and nuts
- Check all leaks on hydraulic pipes
- Check sprockets on drive chain
- Check all controls on machine
- Check dead man’s handle
Testing equipment before hire
Please ignore any instruction that is not relevant to this particular product.
- The equipment must be clean and must have a service tag attached to ensure that the workshop completed the standard service before returning the asset to the floor.
- The equipment must be taken to the testing station applicable where you will test the machine in front of the customer whislt demonstrating the operation of the asset to the customer.
- Ensure that the required safety attire is worn before beginning the equipment test and instruction to the customer and ensure that the customer is in a safe location.
- Start the equipment as per the above instruction.
- Demonstrate the operation of the equipment as per the operating instructions above.
- Shut the equipment down.
- The customer must sign that he has received training.