For those major painting jobs, tool hire can be a life-saver. From scaffolds to high pressure cleaners and paint sprayers, our range of painting tools for rent give you everything you need to take on even the most challenging of paint projects.
Not sure which tools you will need to get started? We have put together a list of some of the most commonly used tools for painting jobs of various sizes.
Best Tool Hire Options for Fuss Free Painting
Some of the tools that you may need to hire for your upcoming paint job could include the following:
- Scaffolding. Depending on the size of the building, you may need scaffolding if extensive work needs to be done during the painting process. You will need frames, braces and planks, which are all offered in various sizes. It is best to consult an equipment hire expert to get the right scaffolding for your specific needs so that you will be able to ensure a fully stable, supported structure that is secure and functional.
- Ladders. For smaller properties, ladders can either be used instead of or alongside scaffolding. You may own a ladder or two, but more often than not, industrial type ladders are designed to provide a greater level of stability and height variation. By hiring the ladders you need, you can get the benefit of a secure, stable ladder without having to purchase and store a variety of different sizes.
- Spray Guns. As an alternative to paint brushes, rollers and trays, spray guns for hire offer a simpler way to paint over various surfaces. The coating of an airless sprayer penetrates pits and crevices very effectively. A uniform thick coating means that there is less need for extra coats, while the ‘wet’ coating provides excellent adhesion.
- Compressors. These are very similar to airless sprayers, except that they use air. Air is compressed to a high pressure, resulting in a steady spray of paint from the spray gun that attaches to the compressor. You will need to choose carefully to ensure the compressor is suitable for the spray gun (and vice versa). A spray gun is also required for this tool – many hobbyists use these around the house however, so if you have one and wish to put it to use, you can hire a suitable compressor to give it some added power.
- High Pressure Cleaner. Another high pressure tool that may be handy for your painting job, the high pressure cleaner gives you precision spray at a high velocity. These tools can be extremely powerful, and special safety precautions are required. It may be safer to hire a high pressure cleaner and an experienced paint or maintenance expert who has ample experience using such tools.
For a full range of painting tools for hire in Durban, visit our website today and browse our current range.